Adding Tokens to MetaMask
Your account doesn’t show your tokens. No need to panic – you have to add them manually.
For more popular tokens, you can select Add Token in your wallet and search for the name or ticker. For the less popular ones, we need to add the contract address – an identifier that tells MetaMask where to look for our balance.
- 1.Open your wallet by clicking on the extension.
- 2.Click on the three dots in the top bar.
- 3.Select View on Explorer.
- 4.Copy/paste token address (e.g. $PEAR token: 0xc8bcb58caef1be972c0b638b1dd8b0748fdc8a44) into the search bar
- 5.Under Profile Summary, you should see a contract address. Hover over it and copy the address.
- 6.Return to MetaMask and click on Add Token.
- 7.Click on the Custom Token tab.
- 8.Paste what you’ve just copied into the Token Contract Address form.
- 9.The rest should autofill.
- 10.Click on Next, followed by Add Tokens.
- 11.Return to the main overview to see your full balance.
- 1.Go to
- 2.Or search for your token
- 3.Click the three dots icon, on the top right of the profile summary
- 4.Click Add token to web3 wallet
- 5.Metamask will pop up for you to confirm
- 6.Add Token